Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Track

Lexi had her first track meet last night.  For some reason, she didn't know a "meet" was a "race".  She thought it was just a meeting.  When I told her she needed to get ready for her race, she got so nervous!  She got so sick, she almost threw up.  I guess she was embarassed because she always came in last during practice.  She never told us, so we didn't get a change to work with her.  I talked to her and told her it was ok to be nervous and that I get nervous, too.  I was afraid we weren't going to make it.  Finally, she felt better and was able to eat dinner. 

Her coaches told her she was doing the 400m (one lap around the field), but when she was up to race, it was 800m!  I thought for sure that was not going to be good.  I have to say, I am so proud of her!  She started out last, but quickly passed a few kids.  She made her 2 laps without stopping.  I don't know what place she got, but there were 5 kids behind her at the finish.  She did her 2 laps in 4 minutes, 11 seconds.  She has 2 more meets and now we can help her feel more confident!

And they're off!





Joe is cheering her on.  She almost got too distracted!

The finish!!!

No comments: