Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Kindergarten and 3rd Grade, Oh My!

Lexi and Chris started school almost 2 weeks ago.  I have to admit, I was dreading it!  I wasn't worried about Lexi; she is an old pro.  Chris is another story.  We started talking to him more about Kindergarten 4 weeks before school started, trying to get a hold on what he was feeling.  He was scared and nervous and didn't want to talk about it.  I brought it up every couple of days, telling him it was ok to be scared and nervous.  I told him how I felt when I started school, which was pretty much the same.  That seemed to help a little.  Joe wanted him to try on his uniform one morning and Chris didn't want any part of it.  With much bribing, he finally tried it on.  Once we accomplished that, it helped a little bit more.  School shopping and getting a new Avengers lunch bag helped a little bit more.  Baby steps!  The Friday before school started, we went to the school to meet the teachers.  Chris was able to talk to his teacher, Ms. Trujillo, and I was relieved!  He can be so shy sometimes and it is so frustrating for us.  Now I know how my parents felt with me!  Chris said he was ready to go to school since he got to see his classroom and meet he teacher.  Yay!  Lexi just goes with the flow.  She liked her teacher and we didn't have any problems with her.









Chris came home from his first day of school and said "My teacher is awesome and my school is awesome!" 
 
It was easier than I thought :)


No comments: