Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Power Outage!

Last night, our power went out.  It is the 2nd time in about 4 weeks!  The first time was because a car hit a transformer.  We are not sure what happened last night, but I am guessing it wasn't fixed correctly the first time!  It went out last night just as the kids and I were sitting down to eat dinner.  It is Joe's late week, so he was still working.  I carefully walked around trying to find the lighter to light some candles.  The kids were getting scared.  We couldn't see anything!  After the candles were lit, I went to the basement to get the lantern for better lighting.  We finished dinner and the kids decided to do a puzzle.  I got a few pictures I will post below.  Poor Joe, got home from work and nothing was warm :(  The kids and I went with him to Burger King to get something to eat and then the kids played for a bit.  The power was still out and we didn't want to go home.  I was gone most of the day yesterday, so I didn't turn the heat up very far.  It got cold in the house fast!  It was out for a total of four hours and the temperature in the house was 54 when it came back on.  Lexi didn't get to do her homework, so I guess we will have extra to do tonight!
I was using night mode on the camera to get some different effects.

I thought this one looked pretty cool.

I turned on the flash.  Look at that smirk!

Fun, fun!

I just remembered something.  When the power was out a few weeks ago, it was only out for about 30 minutes.  Lexi was so excited it was turned on so fast.  She wrote the utility company a nice letter, thanking them for turning it on so quickly.  She also drew some pictures.  Well, she was not happy last night!  I wonder if she will write them and tell him how unhappy she was this time!

No comments: