Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Chris' 5th Birthday!

Our little boy is now a big boy!  We started the day off by surprising Chris with a morning at the gymnastics gym.  We also invited a few of his friends to come play with him.  He said Lexi and I tricked him!  He was surprised and had a blast!  Thanks to all his friend that were able to make it!

Chris picked the movie Cars as his theme.  I was not looking forward to doing a Lightning McQueen cake because I have never been able to make red frosting.  I got it as close as I could.  Everyone was happy with the cake!
I bought the special cake pan and was not looking forward to the decorating.  It seemed like it took forever!  Most of it is free hand and I am pretty happy with it.  I get better with every cake!  I now prefer the look of fondant, but I didn't think it would work very well for this one.
The birthday boy!  I can't believe he is 5!!!
Cuties!




I took the above pictures while we were waiting for Joe to get home from work. 

Joe surprised Chris with some balloons.  For some reason our kids just love balloons!



He had so much fun with this new track!


My sweet, sweet boy :)
Taking his first bite of cake.  Luckily, he did not eat all this!

I think Chris had a great birthday!

No comments: