Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

About Us

Where to begin? Well, Joe and I met in 2000 on the Internet. Pretty cool, huh? At the time, it wasn't a common thing, so everyone was surprised. We hit it off from the very start and have been together ever since. We moved to CO in 2001 and were married in 2002. We were busy having fun and enjoying the mountains and decided to start a family. Lexi arrived in Sept. 2004 and changed our lives forever. She was a very demanding baby. You have no idea how hard it is to take care of a baby until you actually have one! She was the love of our lives. Then, we decided to have another baby and Chris arrived in Aug. 2006. He was the easiest and happiest baby ever! Now we had (have) 2 loves of our lives! The years have flown by and they are growing up so fast!

Joe works as a MRI tech for a group of radiologists at a hospital and finally loves his job! That makes life happier for all of us! Joe loves mountain biking, hiking, just about anything outdoors. He is the home improvement guru and if he doesn't know how to do something, he will learn. He always has a project going on and we appreciate everything he does. Joe is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He is always lending a helping hand to someone in need, whether it is someone he knows or not. I am thankful for him everyday. He is a great husband and father!

I am currently a stay-at-home mom and have been for just over a year now. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to spend my time with the kids. Time flies by so fast and we will never get this time back. I try to enjoy every minute of it, even the not so fun minutes! I received my CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) license in Feb. 2008. I am planning to pursue a career in nursing and am so excited about it! I feel like I finally figured out what I want to do. I plan to go back to work as a CNA when both of the kids are in school, and then go back to school for nursing. It will be a few years, but the kids are more important. I love photography, hiking, gardening, crocheting, cooking, card making, scrap booking, reading, learning new things.

Lexi is 4 and is such a little lady. She is strong-willed and passionate. She is is Pre-K at school and she is so smart! She will be starting Kindergarten next Aug. I will miss her so much! She is such a girly girl - playing dress-up, wearing dresses, getting her nails painted, sometimes wearing pink sparkly eyeshadow and lipstick. She can be naughty of course, but she will always feel sorry and apologize. She loves her little brother and takes care of him. Sometimes we are amazed at the things she says and does. She acts so grown up. She is her Daddy's girl. :)

Chris is a little monster! He is such a boy! He loves cars, dinosaurs, bikes, running and jumping, making animal sounds. He is still happy, but not as much as when he was a baby. He has his little tantrums and we are trying to teach him he can't always get what he wants. It is nice to be able to communicate with him. He was a slow talker and it was frustrating! Now he talks up a storm and has such good manners (so does Lexi). They love to hug and kiss each other and it is adorable! The do fight a lot, but I am hoping they will have a close relationship in the later years.

We are a happy family and love living in CO. We miss all of our family, but are fortunate to be able to visit. Life is never dull around here!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hey Kristen!! Nice blog. :) My bun is still in the oven! I got the new pictures of Lexi and Chris. They were cute. I hope you had a Merry Christmas!!!

Love you!!

Jill

Harper Family said...

Great Job Kristen. Love Ya'lls picture. Was that at Palmer Park? or Garden of the gods?